Cake In A Box is owned and operated by Cake In A Box Pty Ltd (ACN: 631808190). By accessing, browsing or using this website, you agree to the conditions and terms stated.
Cake In A Box may amend these conditions and terms from time to time and any amendment will become effective immediately.
All material on this site, including, but not limited to images, logos and illustrations, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights which are owned and controlled by Cake In A Box. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service, or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us (including, but not limited the resell or cakes, add-ons, balloons or toppers).
Delivery and Cancellations
We deliver to the majority of the Sydney Metropolitan Area (only).
Delivery takes place Monday to Saturday (and some special occasion Sunday;s) between 8:00am to 4pm on the delivery day selected. (A specific time can not be requested)
Cake In A Box requests that the recipient be available to receive the delivery on the day of delivery. If no one is available to accept the delivery, the customer gives Cake In A Box the “authority to leave” which means the box will be delivered outside the residence and or workplace (only if it safe to do so). Cake In A Box does not take responsibility for orders left unattended and which become ‘melted’ or ‘compromised by insects’. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the cake is collected and consumed and/or refrigerated.
The customer is communicated to before, during and after the delivery process. ((1)Before: Invoice, which states the delivery date, (2) During: E-mail and SMS – which states when the cake has been picked and estimated ETA and live tracking and (3) After: Logistics portal – Proof of delivery including photograph and/or signature of recipient.
Whilst every effort is made to adhere to the above delivery schedule, we use external couriers for all our deliveries, and occasionally situations arise which are out of our control resulting in slight delays. We cannot accept responsibility for these unfortunate events but assure you that every effort is made to ensure your goods arrive on time and in perfect condition.
Should the delivery address supplied by the customer be incorrect or insufficient details (including contact details) are provided, Cake In A Box cannot accept any responsibility. It is the obligation of the customer to supply accurate details at the time of order.
We accommodate changes to orders; however, we require 72 hours from the delivery date in question to review, approve and confirm requested changes.
If you have made an order, would like to make a change, and your cake won’t be delivered for another 72 hours, please make contact with us at email@example.com quoting your reference / invoice number.
Cancellations can be requested and are subject to the following fees & conditions:
- 48 hours+ from 9am the morning of delivery: A refund can be requested (minus a $10 administration fee) OR the full amount can be issued as credit to be used on the cakeinabox.com.au at a later date
- 24-48 hours from 9am the morning of delivery: A refund can be requested (minus 30% of the purchase value as an administration & stocking fee) OR the full amount can be issued as credit to be used on the cakeinabox.com.au website at a later date
- Less than 24 hours from 9am the morning of delivery: Unfortunately, a refund will not be possible at this late stage. Depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to whether your product has been made, a credit may be issued which can be used on the cakeinabox.com.au website at a later date. This will be decided by Cake In A Box management on a case by case basis.
A cancellation request email must be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your reference / invoice number.
Product design (including decorative features such as chocolates, buttercream, roses etc), colours and flavours may vary from images supplied on our website at the discretion of Cake In A Box (subject to availability).All substitutions are of similar quality and value.
We reserve the right to limit the sales of our products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
All our products may contain or contains Milk, Dairy, Soy, Eggs, Nuts and Gluten.
We’re not a NUT-FREE business.
Nuts or traces of nuts can be found in most of our products.
All ingredients are listed on our website and we encourage you to review them before purchasing.
Our products and services attract a Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10%. All prices advertised are inclusive of GST.
Any alcohol featured on our Cakes are designed to be delivered as a genuine gift to a person and does not exceed two litres. The gift is packaged and presented in such a manner that it is taken to be a gift with the cake. The gift can only be ordered by an adult and delivered to another adult who is not the purchaser. For all gifts with alcohol included, please ensure that the recipient is aged over 18 years and is available to receive the delivery (Proof of Age may be requested in certain circumstances).
- Generally under copyright laws the owner of the copyright in images or photographs is the person who created the images or took the photographs. You represent and warrant to us that you are the owner of the copyright or have the express permission of the owner of the copyright in the images or photographs which you submit to Cake In A Box upon placing an order. We reserve the right to terminate your order for breach if this representation and warranty is incorrect.
- We claim no ownership rights in any Content you submit to our website. Solely for the purpose of enabling your images or photographs to be uploaded and made available on the Service and to fulfill orders for Products made using your images and photograph, you grant to us and to our Agents and Contractors, a perpetual, Australia-wide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, copyright licence to copy, reproduce, display, modify, adapt or alter, transmit, communicate to the public and distribute any Content (including images or photographs) submitted by you to our website in such manner as we and our Agents and Contractors consider reasonably necessary solely for the purpose of operation of the fulfilment of your order or incorporation of that image or photograph into that Product and fulfilling that Order.
- You agree that we and our Agents and Contractors cannot control the use of your Content (including images or photographs) by third parties and will not be held liable for any use, publication or copying of your images and photographs by any such third parties. You agree that you will not take any legal action or make any claim against us or our Agents and Contractors in respect of any such use, publication or copying by third parties.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that any intellectual property rights, including graphics, logos, trademarks, distinctive brand features, design, text, icons, the arrangement of them, sound recordings and all software relating to this website, are owned by Cake In A Box Pty. Ltd., or in some cases, a related body corporate of them, or third party, and that these remain the property of their respective owners and must not be used in any manner without the prior written consent of the owner. These intellectual property rights are protected by Australian and international laws and nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use any of them.
- Nothing contained on this website is to be interpreted as a recommendation to use any information on this website in a manner which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person. Cake In A Box Pty Ltd. makes no representations or warranties that your use of the information on this website will not infringe such intellectual property rights.
- You may view this website and its contents for personal and non commercial use only and subject to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation, you may not in any form or by any means reproduce, modify, distribute, store, transmit, publish or display within another website or create derivative works from any part of this website or commercialise any information obtained from any part of this website without our the prior written consent, or, in the case of third party material, from the owner of the copyright in that material.
- You may not modify or copy the layout or appearance of this website nor any computer software or code contained in this website, nor may you decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover or access any source code related to this website.
- If you correspond or otherwise communicate with us, you automatically grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, copy, display and distribute the content of your communication and to prepare derivative works of the content or incorporate the content into other works in order to publish and promote such content. This may include, but is not limited to, publishing testimonials on this website and developing your ideas and suggestions for improved products.
- Any intellectual property rights, including graphics, logos, trademarks, design, text, icons, the arrangement of them, sound recordings and all software relating to the website and Service, are owned by us, Cake In A Box Pty. Ltd or in some cases, a related body corporate or third party. These intellectual property rights are protected by Australian and international laws.
- Nothing contained on the website is to be interpreted as a recommendation to use any information on the website in a manner which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person, company or entity. We make no representations or warranties that your use of the information on the website will not infringe such intellectual property rights.
- You should assume that all of the content made available to you through this Service, including photographic images, is owned by third parties and is protected by copyright or other proprietary rights. You may view the website and its contents for personal and non commercial use only and subject to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation, you may not in any form or by any means reproduce, modify, distribute, store, transmit, publish or display within another website or create derivative works from any part of the website or commercialise any information obtained from any part of the website without our prior written permission or, in the case of third party material, from the owner of the copyright in that material.
- Any trademarks, trade names or logos displayed on this Service are the property of their respective owners and must not be used in any manner without the prior written consent of the owner.
- You agree not to alter or remove any information, consent or other proprietary notice or legend on any of the Content, unless you are the owner of the intellectual property rights in that Content.
- We reserve the right to terminate your order if you breach this clause.
Your Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. Subject to clause 24(b), if we receive a written complaint alleging copyright infringement by a customer of Cake In A Box Pty Ltd, we may refer the complaint to the customer concerned. It is the customer’s responsibility to resolve any such complaint.
- The procedures included in clause ‘Your Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights’ may be adopted by us in our sole and absolute discretion and nothing in clause limits our rights under these Terms.
- If any person makes any claim against us or our Agents and Contractors, claiming that any of the Content you submit to the Service, or any use of them, infringes any copyright, or other intellectual property or moral right of any person, company or entity, you indemnify us and our Agents and Contractors against all costs, claims, loss, damage, demands and expenses (including all reasonable legal costs, fees and expenses) arising directly or indirectly out of such claim.